Santa Barbara’s first youth CBVA beach volleyball tournament of the summer was held on Tuesday at East Beach with a strong turnout.
It was the first of five consecutive Tuesday tournaments at East Beach for youth players. Brackets were broken up into four age groups for both boys and girls. In the eight mini-tournaments, local Santa Barbara teams won five of the eight titles.
Next week’s tournament is the most important of the East Beach youth tournaments because it’s a part of the Quiksilver Performance-Roxy Athletix Tour that decides who will play for the season-ending championship in Manhattan Beach on September 5th.
The Quiksilver Performance-Roxy Athletix Tour stops take place from Santa Cruz down to San Diego.
The points leaders in the Boys 18-and-Under Division won again on Tuesday, as Camarillo’s Evan Yoshimoto and Owen Yoshimoto defeated Eric Ensing and Bradley Sakaida.
To find the current points standings, CLICK HERE
Girls 12 & Under:
1. Brynna Hodosy/Caylin Zimmerman (SB/Goleta)
2. Macie Lanchemann/Linnea Skinner (Arroyo Grande)
Girls 14 & Under
1. Ally Hodosy/Lauren Suh (SB)
2. Liana Tacconelli/Gabrielle Peoples (SB)
Girls 16 & Under
1. Shannon Sill (Somis/Julia Mannisto (Thousand Oaks)
2. Sydney Riegart/Andie O’Donnell (SB)
Girls 18 & Under
1. Ella Roberts/Myranda Cunningham (Tustin)
2. Hannah Kimball/Jenna White (Camarillo)
Boys 12 & Under
1. Matthew Suh/Will Rottman (SB)
2. Ben Roach/Chase Nelson (SB)
Boys 14 & Under
1. Kip Lawrence/Noah Pfeiffer (SB)
2. Braeden Lisea/Thomas Hantgin (SB)
Boys 16 & Under
1. Kyle Ensing (Valencia)/Matt Yoshimoto (Oxnard)
2. Wll Mehring (Atascadero)/Henri Cherry (Paso Robles)
Boys 18 & Under
1. Evan/Owen Yoshimoto (Camarillo)
2. Eric Ensing (Valencia)/Bradley Sakaida (Oak Park)