It’s the last week of the regular season and the Los Padres League and Channel League titles are up for grabs.
Second-ranked and LPL co-leader Santa Ynez (9-1, 27 points) plays third-place Cabrillo (8-2, 24) on Tuesday; Cabrillo faces second-place Nipomo (9-2, 27 points) on Thursday. Santa Ynez ends the regular season on Thursday against Templeton.
In the Channel League, Ventura leads with 15 points (4-0-3) and ends the season Thursday at Santa Barbara. The Dons are in third with 13 points (4-1-1) but have two games remaining, both at home: Dos Pueblos on Tuesday and Ventura on Thursday. Second-place San Marcos (4-1-2, 14 points) completes regular season play against Buena at home on Tuesday.
County Super Seven Rankings
1) Cate (10-1-1): beat Ojai Valley 7-0; beat Thacher 4-0. The CIF Division 7 top-ranked Rams are four goals better than the No. 2 team.
2) Santa Ynez (15-1-4): beat Morro Bay 7-0; beat Santa Maria 3-0. Pirates gearing up for showdown with Cabrillo on Tuesday for first place in the Los Padres League.
3) Carpinteria (13-6): beat Fillmore 2-0; beat Oak Park 3-1. The Warriors have won nine straight and are closing in on Tri-Valley League title.
4) Pioneer Valley (13-5-2): beat St. Joseph 4-0; beat Righetti 2-1. Panthers solidify second place in the PAC 7.
5) Cabrillo (14-6-3): beat Santa Maria 2-0; beat Templeton 4-0. Conquistadores can overtake Santa Ynez this week with a win on Tuesday.
6) San Marcos (8-5-6): tied Ventura 1-1; beat Santa Barbara. Royals coming off biggest week of the season and have shot at league title.
7) Santa Barbara (14-5-4): beat Buena 6-1; lost to San Marcos 1-0. Dons suffer first league loss, but control own destiny in Channel League.