Carpinteria appears to have hit its stride.
The Warriors have won six in a row and after losing its Tri-Valley League opener against Oaks Christian. They opened the second round with a 3-1 revenge win against the Lions and followed that with a 1-0 victory over Santa Paula the next day.
Carpinteria, which took over the TVL lead, remains fourth in this week’s rankings.
Second-ranked Santa Ynez stayed on top in the Los Padres League with a 2-1 win over rival Lompoc.
Cate didn’t have a match last week and remains the No. 1 team in the county.
County Super Seven Rankings (1/30/2012)
1) Cate (8-1-1) — Rams had a game cancelled last week; they’re patiently waiting for the playoffs.
2) Santa Ynez (13-1-4) — beat Lompoc 2-1; tied San Marcos 1-1. Jamie Guerrero moved up from defense and delivered a goal in key LPL win over Lompoc.
3) Santa Barbara (13-4-4) — Had week off for final exams. Dons open second round of Channel League on Tuesday.
4) Carpinteria (11-6-0) — beat Oaks Christian 3-1; beat Santa Paula 1-0. Warriors get revenge against OC and move into first place in Tri-Valley League.
5) Cabrillo (12-6-3) — beat Lompoc 1-0; lost to Coast Union 2-0. Conquistadores played mostly reserves in non-league loss.
6) San Marcos (7-5-5) — beat Dos Pueblos 1-0; tied Santa Ynez 1-1. Royals stay in hunt for Channel League title with win over DP.
7) Pioneer Valley (11-5-2) — tied Paso Robles 1-1; beat Arroyo Grande 2-1. Panthers in sole possession of third place in Pac-7.
On the bubble—Righetti (8-9-1), lost to Arroyo Grande 2-1, OT; beat St. Joseph 1-0.